Sunday, April 20, 2008

Stashbusting!

I've been doing some serious stashbusting as of late. I finally finished Snow White! Here are the pictures:


Soon, I hope to be working on crochet juggling balls for some rowdy boys at school who enjoy crumpling up brand new sheets of paper and seeing from how far away they can shoot the paper into the trashcan when we have a substitute teacher. I'm not a hippie, but it kind of disturbes me that they enjoy wasting paper. I have TONS of excess mustard-yellow Lion Brand Wool (at least four skeins - that's a lot to me; two boxes = my entire stash), so I'll be using that. I was thinking of filling the juggling balls with rice or beans, but decided against it because they are boys after all, and if the juggling balls contact water, the rice or beans inside will get gross and could get moldy. Then I thought about filling them with plastic beads typical hackey sacs have. But then I realized that I needed the foot of a pantyhose or else they would slip out. I don't have access to extra pantyhose. I've finally come up with filling them with... yarn! I have way too much of it anyways, and it's not exactly being wasted. Yes, they will not fly as well, but hopefully it will become more of a healthy challenge than an annoying obstacle.

We're going to Olive Garden today! We usually go out to eat once every two to three weeks or so on Sundays (eating out isn't too healthy). It's a nice treat for after chuch, too.

No comments: