Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Second of April Two Thousand Eight

No auditions today. What a let-down. Maybe they just won't take place at all. Monterey is completely out of the picture now. And maybe even the next jazz festival. Oh well. So much for that.

Super-huge district concert is tonight. Every orchestra in the district will be present. Great. Another chance to show how ridiculous we sound. Most middle schools are better than us. Oh well. I might get to knit a bit, so it's not a total waste I suppose. But I told my mom not to come; it's a waste of her life. She promptly acknowledged it and we didn't speak further about it. I guess one plus is that I get to wear the same black dress I wore to Max Loh's thing at the theatre. YAY and he hugged me that night too! Did I mention that before? Well, if I've mentioned it or not, he did. And I was super happy. And I still am, knowing that he was the last one to hug me. Oh yes. How embarassing: I'm situated at the back of the orchestra. Normally I'm around fourth chair, but now I'm around thirtieth. During auditions at the beginning of the schoolyear, I was the only one who memorized the circle of fifths and did arpeggios for all major scales. But according to the conductor, I "sounded scratchy". Okay, so I didn't have enough rosin on my bow because I had forgotten mine at home. Yeah big deal. Seriously, I thought placing was in terms of skill-level. And he said he'd do another seating test for second semester. There hasn't been one. It doesn't help that he's a horn guy too (never been in a string orchestra, can't play a string instrument, but can play almost every brass instrument). He's made for band, not for orchestra. It's his first year here. Oh well.

Back to homework.

No comments: