Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Chamber Auditions A Demain

Chamber auditions are tomorrow! ...And I know I will completely bomb them. I'm not so concerned; I was planning on cancelling them anyways.

Yesterday, I stopped by the counselor's office for a quick chat. My counselor told me that the master schedule of classes isn't out yet, so there is no way of telling (at this point) if Chamber and Orchestra will conflict. So I'm auditioning for both Chamber Choir and Jazz Band just like I had originally planned. But I still have to choose a piece for Chamber! I'm leaning toward "You Raise Me Up", as I have performed the solo before (I bombed it then, and will bomb it again; history repeats itself). I plan on doing either the first or second verse with the chorus. I don't like long auditions.

I accompanied Chamber Choir last year for their Spring Concert with violin. It was a huge honor then, and I'm still really proud of myself. I don't think the choir teacher remembers me though. Oh well.

No comments: