Saturday, April 5, 2008

No Monterey Jazz Festival

So I'm not at the Monterey Jazz Festival today. But my parents have made it up to me: I'm the new sweepstakes trophy sponsor for the Foothill High School Band Review in October! I thought it would be $600-700 at first, so I didn't even bother looking because that's totally impossible; we're not going to pay that. But when I finally got curious enough to look, I saw that it's only $150!! ...For a huge freaking six-foot trophy! Obviously, I'm going to see if I can contribute a bit of that from the sales of my knitted goods to make sure that my parents don't have to pay all of it (that's just mean) and so my name on the trophy is deserved. My goal is to raise at least $75, but ideally, I'd like to pay the full $150 myself. So it looks like I'll be knitting up a storm in the coming months and throughout the summer.

No comments: