Monday, July 21, 2008

Wanted: 200 Hours of Community Service

Junior in high school, and 0 hours of community service. Pathetic. Ah, but I have things to show you:

I made this for Mom some time in elementary school. :) I had skills in needlecraft even then.

Status: Finished!

Mom and I were talking at dinner last night, contemplating how I could get the 200 hours of community service recommended for college-bound students. All I could talk about were my projects (Progress, Shades of Green [now finished!], Snow Blocks Afghan, and other planned projects for the future), which got her thinking: why can't I knit or crochet for community service? We talked it over briefly, and I figured that if it took me two hours to make one hat, I could probably make 100 hats in a year and a half. That would get me my 200 hours! Now I just have to make a deal with a hospital that can give me two hours for every hat I send in (and maybe three for every scarf...).

I really like the Stitches from the Heart program, so if I can guarantee that they will give me community service hours, I'll be knitting/crocheting up a storm in the next year and a half.


Updated at 1:18pm to include:

New wanna-do: Square Lattice Afghan from freepatterns.com with this yarn (Jiffy by Lion Brand).

No comments: