Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Stripey

Such beautiful shorts, right? :) They're my house shorts.

Inside-out in my very girly room.


Pattern: 13. Tassled Earflap Hat from KnitSimple Magazine (I don't know the issue number; sorry!)
Yarn: Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick, half skein each in Sky Blue and Charcoal
Yardage: 170 gram skeins (106 yards)
Yarn Source: Leftovers from other hats (birthday presents); stash
Needles: 10mm, 24" Addi Turbo Circulars
Gauge: 2 sts/inch over stockinette
Modifications: switch to cc on Row 3, alternating mc and cc throughout; border in cc; ties are basically thick cords

It's my newest project, Stripey! :) I love it! ("Too bad I have all these extras. One of these would only make half a hat. Wait a second...!") The tassel's a bit short, but overall, I'm overjoyed. I realized that I had never done multicolor knitting before this. I was so thrilled watching it come along, that I took many pictures, all of which are posted on Ravelry.

I'm willing to bet that Mary Weaver will be the next Eunny Jang, and hopefully I'll be her right-hand, er, lady. I definitely want to be the next Kim Werker. Now that would be awesome.

The Final Word:
+
"Really? I thought it would be yellow. She reminds me of butterflies." Friend's Grandpa

1 comment:

sukigirl said...

I really love this hat...so cute!
I think I'll have to see if I can get KnitSimple magazine here....it sounds like it might be good for a beginner.
I'm on Ravelry too (sukigirl74) and wondered what your username is?
Cheers!