Thursday, July 17, 2008

Travail

Progress is really coming along. I'm pleased with it, and I'd say that I'm almost halfway done.


Currently measures 5" x 34.5". I guess I'm planning on a 70" scarf. I'm really excited about blocking it.

We watched Hellboy II last night. I thought I would hate it because it's not really my kind of movie. But it turned out to be not so bad and I actually somewhat liked it. The two girls I went with are the two girls I carpool to class with, and we couldn't really see anything else because either one of us had already seen it with another group or the showtimes were too late (that's what happened with Get Smart; we would have seen it, but we would have had to wait two hours for the next show).

Before the movie, while me and one of the girls were waiting for the other, we dropped by Barnes & Noble. I walked around with my friend while she searched for teen books, and surprisingly, she asked me for suggestions. I told her I read books by Ayn Rand, and that they were hardcore novels. I was shocked when she said that she wanted to look into them. We walked around the store, and she ended up buying what looked like three teen romance books. Fiction, of course. As she checked out, what did my little eye spy? Only SnB the Happy Hooker! I had been looking through the book through a copy I had borrowed from the library, and I was ecstatic to see it lying casually on a nearby table, labeled "Gift Ideas". A moment of indecision aroused (should I get it and finally own this wondrous book, or should I not, and please my mother? [she's not too happy about the inappropriate title, and I can't say that I blame her]). I bought it anyway, but haven't shown it to her. I'm kind of afraid of her reaction.

The Final Word:
+ "I can't smile without you... can't smile without you" Hellboy II

No comments: