Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Ambitions

These are the projects I really want to complete before the summer's out:
+ Prepster: Preppy Spring Jacket - SnB the Happy Hooker
+ Knee Socks - online pattern; HJS Studio
+ Transition Scarf - mapped out on Excel
+ Progress - Barbara G. Walker's A Treasury of Knitting Patterns, Woven Transverse Herringbone

If I do end up finishing all of those before the summer's out (which looks extremely unlikely), I plan on creating my own pattern to resemble a breast cancer ribbon.

I'm taking my scarf to class with me every day so I can work on it in the car on the way to and from. It's going well so far.




I love the bag. I got it from my mom's friend (it's from Bath & Body Works). Inside, there were four tiny lotions. There was supposed to be another woman to join them, but she didn't show so I got a part of her present: body scrub.

Movies tonight with some friends from class, and I'm so disappointed that I don't have a cute handmade handbag to bring. But I have a feeling we'll be sneaking food in there anyway, so I guess a bigger canvas bag would be a better idea. Frankly, $7 for a small popcorn is outrageous. I can get that same thing for less than $1 at the grocery store.

But enough of my ranting. I have to study for the final exam next Thursday.


Updated at 2:27pm to include:

I'm just dying to go to San Francisco and get some yarn (ImagiKnit!). Luckily, I found a crocheting friend who I've known for some time now, but never really knew that she crocheted. :) I'm so excited now. I thought she just barely knitted.

The Final Word:
+
"Oh, so you crochet too!" "Yeah, I do." "Just like Kashi!" "No, not like Kashi." -Mom and friend in the car this morning
+ "Dude, crochet is so badass!" -other friend I carpool with, in response to SnB the Happy Hooker
+
"I never could understand knitting." -first friend, in the car this morning

No comments: