Monday, March 31, 2008

No Auditions

My main focus today was the audition. But the band director didn't show up to audition anyone! According to our orchestra conductor, he "has been in Hawaii for the past two weeks; who knows what he remembers." It doesn't really help that he's almost 65 years old either. He was at school for band, and he said that he would stay after lunch for our orchestra period to audition us. But he didn't show. Tomorrow, I'll see if I can talk to him before one of his band classes to discuss the audition. This is really surprising, because the Jazz Festival is on Saturday, and obviously no one has played with Jazz Band yet. I don't know how we're going to put this together, but whatever. Hopefully everything will all work out and we'll get first place and everyone will be so proud of us. Wishful thinking.

I wore Flammable today. I had a blue polo and jeans on, with white VANS. Almost all my friends came up to me and said, "That hat totally doesn't match!" But that was the point. Bright on neutrals. Hmm.

Okay back to the Monterey Jazz Festival. I'm not even really nervous about auditions anymore. I talked to some of the violins auditioning, and all of them said they had changed their minds. So I went up to one of the violins who had taken the piece, and told her that she had to audition for it. It would be totally perfect. We make an amazing duet, plus the violist who we both love, and then really any cellist would be fine because we love all of them. My cello friend isn't auditioning anymore, and neither are any of the other cellists actually, except for one. So it looks like it's down to four amazing musicians auditioning for four parts. Sounds good to me.

No comments: