Thursday, March 27, 2008

Someone's Up Early This Morning

Good morning! I feel like I'm back at band camp (the one in the woods with cabins, not the one for school), having to wake up around 6:30 and get to breakfast before 7:30. Today will be a busy day I'm sure. As far as I know, I will be knitting as long and quickly as I can to finish up the Triple S ('Scrunchable Scarf' Scarf) in Cashsoft. In the afternoon, I'll probably head over to our local yarn store to try to exchange some yarn I bought there a while ago. It was in January, so I doubt they'll let me exchange it, but I might as well try.

I wanted to go to Berkeley's Ifshin Violins to get my bow re-haired, but I don't think that's going to happen today. I know the owners (they come to band camp - the one in the woods) so I know the store has to be good. Maybe in a few weeks or so. I'm freaking out about an audition to be part of a string quartet for our school jazz band. They have one selection that requires two violins, a viola, and a cello. I'm auditioning for second violin and almost all the other violins are auditioning for first, so I have a pretty good chance, but it's still nerve-racking. And if I do make it, will I be good enough? What if I mess up? Our jazz band is competing for the best high school jazz band in the nation with twelve other high schools from across America. Pressure? I've always wanted to do something like this, but.. I don't know. I thought maybe re-hairing my bow would help my sound quality because it was dropped in a puddle of water in the band room two years ago. I didn't even drop it. It was someone else who was borrowing my violin and bow and was trying to "wash" his hands with a bottle of water. Some water fell on the floor, and AHHH! Then he dropped my bow. I (obviously) freaked out. So anyway, to repair water damage from two years ago, I thought re-hairing my bow would work. Oh well. Hopefully I'll just make the cut and can re-hair my bow before the performance.



Updated at 8:23 AM to include:

I finished Triple S! I've decided to leave it a bit short, and it comes just below my belly-button when wrapped around my neck. I won't crochet a border after all because it looks cute as is. It almost looks like a crochet picot border. I can always a border later. I have a skein and a half left of Cashsoft, so I'm planning on making a hat; making it up as I go. I'll post the pattern whenever I come up with it.


So here is my lovely Triple S.




Isn't it wonderful? I can't wait to wear it on Saturday night!



Updated at 9:18 AM to include:

I know I'm obsessed. But I finally got pictures of my yarn! After finally finishing Triple S, I started winding my new yarn into balls. So here you go.


Color 115. I'll be making a Prismatic Scarf with this.


Color 602. Golden Ochre colorway. I'll be making another My So-Called Scarf.


And color 114. Oro y vino colorway. I'm supposing this means 'gold and wine' becuase 'or' in French means gold, and 'vin' in French means wine. Hooray for French in the real world!



Updated at 9:29 PM to include:


At 7:00, my mom dropped me off at our local knitting store for tonight's Sit & Knit. True, the ladies weren't my age (the youngest one was 28), but I had tons of fun otherwise. One of them, Joe, obsessed over her "Gizmo" that was supposed to airate wine (yes, wine was present tonight) to make it taste better. It made funny noises. This evening, I bought a skein of Araucania's Multicolor Limari (AHH $16!) to make my friend a hat she's been wanting for so long (I charged her $20 figuring that the yarn was only $11.50 or so. I won't change the price for her because that's just mean and I already told her the set price, but if anyone else asks, I'll probably charge them at least $25. She got a super discount!) I worked at the hat for about two hours and I'm ALMOST DONE. It works up quickly and is incredibly soft. I just have to crochet the border, finish weaving in the ends, and add a tassle, and it will be complete! I was finishing it up at the shop tonight, and one of the ladies there said, "Ooh such thick dpns. I'd have to get my AspiraCream to do that!" I was using size 15s.

Okay now it's 10:55, and I'm done with the hat! It's all packaged up, but before I wrapped it up, I took a picture.


Due to the lack of natural lighting now, it's all.. yellowish and greenish. In actuality, the tissue paper is a bright teal and the hat is mainly light blue with darker blue and purple highlights. I believe I'll call this Little Mermaid because of the undersea influences. Though I hate the ocean. Oh well.

No comments: