Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I Left My Heart In San Francisco

We left at around 10:15 this morning to head to San Francisco! We ended up taking BART to the 16th St. Mission Station. We got out of the station at just after 11:15 (construction was underway, which delayed us a bit).

Coming out of the station.
Mission Street is not a very nice area. It was kind of worrying, but there were plenty of police officers on bicycles around, so that eased my mind. And off we went to ImagiKnit.


After a long trek (0.86 miles according to BART's website), we were finally there!


ImagiKnit is up ahead, just across the street.

It was pretty big, and contained yarn I had seen in many different places but until now, not together in one place. I'd say ImagiKnit has a pretty eclectic collection.

On our way back to the 16th St. Mission Station, we took a little bit different route. We saw tons of Barack Obama posters. I won't get into politics now, but I think it's so amazing that both a black man and a woman (a white woman, but still a woman nonetheless) are running to be the first president of their kind in the history of America. Unless John McCain wins, of course.

It's kind of hard to see, but there are nine Barack posters on the first floor and three Hillary posters on the second floor. I'm liking the juxtaposition. Ironic much?

Five official Obama posters. I don't know what the other ones are.

Blogger takes too long to upload photos, so I think I'll leave it at that. I might as well mention that Macy's was really cool. They had this Spanish theme going on. And as we were walking, we saw Dior, Chanel, Gucci, Lacoste, Burberry, and others. Oh yes. Britex Fabrics was pretty cool, but everything was really expensive! I got pictures of everything, including signs, sculptures, and more. I even took a picture of my frappachino at Starbucks I got later on in the day (which I consumed illegally on BART during the return trip - no food or drink allowed).

I would love to post everything and all the pictures I took. But I don't have three hours. Blogger takes too long and I need to get to bed. I have a big day tomorrow: knitting all day to finish the Scrunchable Scarf and get the border done before Saturday (I would like to get it done before Thursday ends but I don't know if that's feasible), then I got two skeins each of Manos del Uraguay's color 115 (for a Prismatic Scarf), Malabrigo's color 604 (Golden Ochre colorway) (for a My So-Called Scarf), and Malabrigo's color 114 (Oro y Vino colorway) (for the pattern that came with the yarn. They're all beautiful and I'd love to post pictures, but again, it takes forever. Maybe tomorrow.

Spring break is.. actually sort of almost over. Tomorrow is Thursday, which means only two more days off from school + the weekend. Then school again. Ugh. Back to the old grind.

No comments: