Saturday, March 29, 2008

A Day and a Half

I made another hat last night! This time, I used Araucania's LIMARI color 553. I think I'll call it Flammable. When we went to Sonoma last weekend (we went to Bella Yarns of Sonoma, where I got the Cashsoft to make Triple S), I saw two fires. One looked like it was a controlled fire about a mile off the highway (the flame was just barely visible) and then a truck pulling a camper had caught on fire. We drove past before it had been extinguished. I even got a picture of the smoking truck. But I won't publish that. Instead, I'll publish my hat!



So this year so far, I've made a My So-Called Scarf, Triple S, Little Mermaid, and Flammable, all of which were completed during Spring Break. That's.. hardly anything! I guess it's because I've been busy with school and all.

I checked our band's website, and the Jazz Festival is NEXT SATURDAY. APRIL 5TH. AHH!!! That's the same day as our Winterguard/Percussion show, so I'll have to skip it this year. I'm so nervous for Monday's auditions! Hunting Wabbits 2 isn't necessarily a hard song, but the shifting's kind of weird, and there are four flats in the key signature. It's fine with practice; I'm just glad I don't have to sightread that. OH. Speaking of sightreading, after the first Jazz Band performance at the Festival, the itinerary says, "Jazz Band sightreads". I flipped. I don't mind sightreading during an auditition. That's no problem because it just affects my placement into an orchestra. Sightreading during a concert with 12 TOP JAZZ BANDS OF THE NATION is a bit different. Serious pressure!

Yesterday, Mom went to Carmel so I got the house to myself! Yay! I watched movies because they were on and I was bored knitting in silence. Well.. okay let me reorder things. First, I called Round Table for a pizza because we didn't have any food. It came an hour later (they had warned me in advance, but I wasn't too hungry when I ordered it) when I was knitting a scarf with Oro y Vino and watching Mighty Ducks. So I ate my pizza and drank my Dr. Pepper (I'm supposed to be on a soda diet for track, but I'm not in track this year) while finishing up Mighty Ducks. It was a really cute movie. Next, United 93 was on, so I watched that for a while. I got really emotional at the very end, but it was really well-done. Then I sat knitting for about an hour, musing over the film. And finally, I saw that Meet the Parents was on ABC Family at 6, so I watched about half of that before my dad came home and demanded my assistance. I recorded it (DVR) so I can watch it tomorrow. I think a working title was Meet the Fockers, if I'm correct. I thought about it while watching, but realized that it wouldn't make sense because there's just one guy, Craig or Greg Focker who meets his girlfriend's family, whose name isn't Focker. Hopefully it'll end well.

But for now, lunch is ready.

No comments: