Tuesday, March 25, 2008

New Blog?

Woohooo a new blog. Hopefully I'll actually keep and regularly update this one. Basically, I knit and play violin, piano, clarinet, and I would play bassoon, but my parents refuse to pay for one. Oh well. I have a guitar that I don't play too often. Oh yes. And I'm a runner; more specifically, I'm a sprinter. I was on the track team last year and the year before, but sadly I couldn't do it this year.

In case you haven't noticed, I'm in high school. And I adore our marching band. Next year I should be part of it, but for now, it's nice to just follow and videotape the band. I lead a crazy life with homework, music, trying to catch up with and record band performances, taking driving school, and on top of that, finding time to knit (I'm actually an avid crocheter as well).

I'll try to update every day, but no guarantees.

Tomorrow, we go to ImagiKnit in San Francisco. My mom's a sewer, so she wants to go to Britex Fabrics too. If I can, I'll post pictures of the yarn I will buy and, if possible, the fabric my mom will buy. I plan on making a Prismatic Scarf with my yarn. Hooray for spring break!

I'm currently working on Susan's Scrunchable Scarf with the beautiful off-white CashSoft. It's unbelieveably soft and it's just so beautiful to work with. I forgot a selvage though, so I'll just have to crochet a border after I'm finished.
I've gotten my desire to blog out of me today. Now it's time for lunch!
Updated to include...:
I'm just too excited to wait until tomorrow to post again! So here goes: Saturday will be an amazing day. Well, just Saturday night, really. Don Lewis & Young Expressions will be at our local theatre that night, and I get to see my absolute hero perform. His name's Max Loh and he is an amazing pianist. I even have his autograph (I'm so lucky). I plan on getting dropped off an hour earlier so I can walk to Safeway and get him a bouquet to give to him after his performance. Oh yes. If I haven't mentioned before, he's a phenomenal composer. So yeah. He's pretty awesome. =]

So that's why I have to finish my Cashsoft / Scrunchable Scarf soon. I would like to have it by Saturday night. It's almost halfway done, so hopefully it'll be done by then!

No comments: