Sunday, March 30, 2008

Monterey Jazz Festival Jitters

Last night was AMAZING! After the performances, I gave Max Loh a bouquet of white roses with a light blue ribbon. When I got home, I IMed his sister, and she said that he thought they were really pretty. Yay!

I didn't get to knit almost at all yesterday. Spring break is almost over, and I have just a tiny bit more homework to finish up. After that, I'll probably make use of the books on cassette I checked out from the library and knit a little bit more to relax before school starts.

AHHHHH AUDITIONS ARE TOMORROW!! I need to practice more! I'm not ready! Well, actually I do feel pretty prepared. And it's not too bad knowing that I'm one of the only violins auditioning for the second part. So most likely, in less than a week, on Saturday, April 5th, 2008, I'll be in the Monterey Jazz Festival! WOW. That will be a fun but very nerve-racking day. In preparation for Satuday, I looked around for black yarn that could make me a hat similar to Little Mermaid and Flammable. Concert dress for jazz band girls is a black dress. It's supposed to be full-length, but most full-length black dresses are terribly ugly, and the only one I have falls just above my knees anyway. (For guys, it's a tux. I love men in tuxes too, and the entire jazz band consists of guys except for this one trumpet girl. Woohoo that'll be fun.) It looks to me like we'll have both female violinists (no guys are auditioning for the first part, and I don't think anyone else is auditioning for the second part besides myself), a female violist (she's the only one auditioning) and a male cellist (three or four males are auditioning, one female; I love her, but the odds are a bit against her, as first chair is a male and I'm pretty sure he is auditioning). So back to what I was saying... I get cold easily. And in Monterey, it's extra cold. I'll be wearing the black dress, black ballet flats, and a huge warm coat, but 60% of heat escapes from the head. Therefore, I need a hat. Not to perform in, but just to wear going into the place. I'll do my hair once we're inside.

So to get that yarn that I was referring to, the black yarn for the hat, I went online because I can't get to our local yarn store now. So I turned to WEBS. I can't spend $20 on yarn anymore, so I went right to their sale section. And guess what the second yarn was... Araucania LIMARI!! For $8.00, I could get the same stuff I bought for $16. Shipping has to be added, but even with shipping, it's still cheaper! So I bought color 555 I think. And then I looked a bit further down the list and decided on the bulky-weight Mondial Splendid, color 200. Hooray for the internet. I ordered both yesterday, and they should arrive Friday. I really hope they could arrive before then, but I'm good at whipping up a hat in two hours.

We're going out to lunch now I think. Yummy food.

No comments: