Monday, May 5, 2008

You Should Know By Now

That I can't forgive you. -Danny Jones

I have been outrageously busy. First, I've been anxious for choir audition results to come back. The list was supposed to be posted today at lunch, but as I was going up to the room, I ran into Steven returning. I asked him if he made it, but he said that the results weren't posted. I was like, "WHAT!?" So apparently they're supposed to be posted tomorrow at lunch. One of my friends who is already in choir this past year (and is pretty much guaranteed to get in again this next year) said that right after third period (lunch is really between fourth and fifth periods, but I suppose the list will be posted during third), he would run as fast as he could to the choir room and check my name for me. He's absolutely sweet for doing that, but if I don't make Chamber, I'll probably be really embarassed.

Second: JAZZ AUDITIONS TOMORROW. `Nuff said.


Third: AP Testing. Not that I'm in AP anything, but my friends have been stressed, so it has rubbed off on me

Fourth: English and French tests tomorrow. Both on vocabulary. Plus we're starting an in-class essay in English tomorrow. Ouch.


Fifth: Incredibly difficult math test on Thursday. I need to study at least five more hours, probably at least ten.

Ah yes. I tried to post earlier in the week, but for some stupid reason, right before I hit "Publish Post", I pressed Ctrl + A, Backspace. Then it automatically saved. So I basically lost everything I had posted. And it was a good post too. So here it is, in all its glory:


IrfanView messed up my photo. It looked good until it got all cut off. But here's the jist:


I'm going to make my Chamber friend (yes, the one that will run from third period to the choir room) a scarf for his birthday in August. I've known the guy forever - since fourth grade (almost seven years ago, I believe). This is the book I'll be using:




And this is the pattern I'll be using:




I thought I lost the book earlier in the week, but it turned up somewhere after my mom had cleaned my room. I like my room a bit messy, though. Though it might be hard to navigate through, the most important thing is that I can find everything. Which I can.

A few days ago, as I was on my way to A period in the morning, I spotted something funny-looking in my neighbor's front yard. When I came home after school, I ran inside the house, got my camera, and ran down the street. This is what I saw:


I thought something like this would be PERFECT for one of my best friends. She is a strict vegetarian dedicated to opposing animal abuse (especially those on farms), so I wanted to fill her yard with cows and say, "Holy Cow, _____'s 16!" It is, after all, a very special birthday. But when I called the place and asked for a quote, they said it would be $130 because it is about 50 miles away. Yeah, I don't think so. Love her, but I can't spend $130.

My current project is a scarf for the orchestra conductor. I have been completely unfair to him this entire year. I was always rude to him (not directly, but sort of.. indirectly. It's hard to explain), so I owe him. Big time. I'm pretty sure he's going to Canada with Marching Band (after all, he is assistant band director) next week / two weeks from now, so I thought he might be able to use a scarf. I don't know if it will actually be cold, but when I went when I was younger, the only thing I remember is that it was really cold and I was always uncomfortable, obviously spoiled by Californian weather. So anyway, I'm having a bit of trouble deciding what scarf to make him. I don't have much yarn of the color I'd like (off-white) and it has to be somewhat skinny. At rehearsal tonight, I noticed that he does have a bit of a stubby neck, so something too wide would not suit him at all. A crochet scarf would work up quickly, and might suit him well; I would use some kind of woven pattern. I'm only scared that I won't have enough yarn. But oh well. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Basically, I'm hoping to mend our relationship. I'm not in love with him or anything, but it would only be courteous. As a new teacher in the district, I'm sure he has already been exposed to enough stressful situations, and I'm sure I have only made it worse with my strong disliking of him. Besides, I'll be seeing a lot of him with three bands next year. I'd rather not hate a teacher I'll have to see almost 1/2 my day. Hmm.. that's 1/8 of every school day, so maybe 1/10 of my year? So I guess... I'd rather not spend 1/10 of the next two years of high school in a class with someone I don't like. It's about time I'm nice to him. He deserves it.

No comments: