Wednesday, May 14, 2008

How Upsetting

My band geek hasn't called me all day. I called him twenty times during lunch, but that's when band was supposed to be checking in for the cruise, so I figured he'd be busy. And yes, I did really count. It was an exact 20 times. He promised he would call me at least three times a day. But he didn't pinky promise. I had to rush to class, so we didn't have time. And now it's past seven pm and band is supposed to be enjoying the ship and entertainment.

Earlier today there was a car accident in front of the school. It wasn't much (well, the Volvo got maybe $10,000 in damages according to my mom, the insurance expert, but Volvos are expensive anyway), just a little fender bender. Well, somewhat. There was a reddish Volvo that didn't stop or something and plowed right into a BRAND NEW black Ford SUV that was waiting at the light. The Ford didn't even have a license plate yet, it was so new. And of course, because of that force, the black SUV was pushed into the back of a huge white pick-up truck. The pick-up truck didn't have any damages whatsoever, but the black Ford SUV had several white marks and a few dents, and the front of the red Volvo got all crunched up. The light on the right (facing the car) was completely damaged.

I miss band so much. This entire day has been somewhat difficult for me. AHH and tomorrow's my friend's birthday! I have to make her strawberry fudge!


Updated at 10:05 PM to include:

So I made the strawberry fudge. It did NOT turn out how I had expected it. The recipe called for unsalted butter; I used salted. Other than the butter-heavyness, it tastes pretty good. I'll post the pictures later. I have to go to bed.

No comments: