Monday, May 19, 2008

L'Amour

My band geek finally called! It was so good to hear from him. Band's coming home tonight anyway.

I picked a rose from our garden the other day.


Elle est tres belle, n'est-ce pas?

We're reading The Little Prince in French, so my rose reminds me of "la rose du petit prince". Supposedly the rose symbolizes the author's wife, Consuela, and their hardships. I can see how it fits together.

Earlier in the week, I made fudge for my friend's birthday. Finally, here are the pictures:




I made chocolate-covered strawberries with the leftover melted chocolate. I haven't had them for so long, that when I took the first bite, I was addicted. I melted chocolate the next day and made some more. I finished the last of them today. I'll probably be making some more tomorrow after school and I'll probably eat them around 5 PM. They're straight from the refrigerator when I eat them, so they're nice snacks after a hot day.

We started swimming in P.E. today. So many of my friends were sick or they got hurt (one of my friends messed up her knee or something and she could barely walk) that they couldn't jump in with me today. Most of them were overjoyed to get out of swimming, but one of my friends with allergies was really upset. Apparently she really loves swimming. I admire her so much.

In-class essay in English. We're supposed to be preparing for the SAT, so it was completed in 25 minutes. The prompt was difficult: What motivates people to change? I blanked, but after about three minutes, I started my introduction and realized that I could use the book I just finished reading: Ayn Rand's We the Living. It is a very loose example if you've read the book, but I used Kira Argounov's determination to go to the Institute of Technology, though it is unladylike in the Soviet Union of the 1930s. I basically said that she desired to be greater and build an aluminum bridge, despite the protests of her family. Then I connected that to how her motivation came from the inside and Kira's own desires, certainly not from outside sources. Tada! I'd say I got a 5. Certainly not a 6, but I doubt a 4.

I haven't been knitting for a while. It feels so strange. It's almost been a week now. I believe I'll start a yellow scarf from the Malabrigo I got at ImagiKnit during spring break. Plus, I want this really badly. So many cute sweater patterns!

No comments: