Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Just Stuff

I got a fancy new computer, whoo! It's much faster than my crappy old Dell.

Finished these recently, now working on the Fibonacci socks instead of the STR socks. (Btw, altering my queue: Fibonacci socks, Vintage Sweater [hopefully completed before camp], Lacy Vine Scarf [again, hopefully finished before camp - Aug. 1], then the rest whenever I come back from camp.) I did the Fib. socks because I wanted to do a fairly basic toe-up sock with the Knit Picks Palette to see if I was capable of doing toe-up socks before making Firestarter. They're super cute.


Jog visible... hah whatever.
And now on a tangent...
It's difficult to find a good swap group. Seriously, there's always something I don't like in them. I'm not usually a Debbie Downer, but really mean it. It's always un-secret or really random and un-sock yarny. I'm looking for the basics in a sock yarn swap. Something cute and simple, like at least $20 or 100 grams of sock yarn (color-themed or not; doesn't matter), maybe a handmade little something to go with it (be it a needle-poke-proof bag, dpn holders, etc.) too. Essentially, the Knit Sock Kit Swap mentioned on LimenViolet's earlier episodes (I've been in school and wayy out of the loop lately). A cute pattern (free or not; doesn't really matter), sock yarn, a bag, and maybe some other goodies thrown in. What I really don't like about the swaps I have been looking at in Ravelry are almost all not secret. And if they are secret, they're usually anti-sock yarn. I LIKE SOCK YARN. I would buy sock yarn for my partner and I would hope to receive sock yarn in return. I also very much enjoy being surprised. I don't want to keep in contact with my swap partner!

But that's just me.

Oh yeah. Earlier this week, I made a purchase. A very large purchase. From Knit Picks, of course. Show the kids what we got, shall we?
+ 18 skeins Swish Worsted in colorway Sunshine (for the Vintage Sweater)
+ 3 hanks of Gloss Lace in Natural (for mom's shawl to be made before Mother's Day 2010; I planned wayy ahead)
+ 1 hank of Bare Superwash Merino & Nylon Sock Yarn to be dyed all the colors of the rainbow! Well, except violet. We bought the Kool-Aid almost a month ago in preparation. It's going to be very wild-looking.
+ 2 hanks of the NEW Stroll Hand-Painted Sock Yarn as an impulse purchase. Soo excited to get them. I bought colorways Tree Fort and Tea Party because I couldn't decide between the two. $20 combined, so two for the price of one. How great is that?
Total = $106
Not too shabby. I love Knit Picks.

And I think I'm going to make Broad Street Mitts with the Gold Essential / Stroll Kettle-Dyed Fingering Weight. Maybe for a surprise Christmas auction on Facebook. Maybe. (Y'know, have a paper bag on a desk, take a picture of it, and write a note saying, "YOU GET WHATEVER'S IN THIS BAG. Leave a comment to be entered." Of course, it'll be a secret, but only you and I'll know that there will be the gold Broad-Street Mitts :) ready for a random drawing. I haven't done a drawing since like April. I kind of miss it.)

No comments: