Wednesday, July 15, 2009

HEY HEY HEY Look what I got!


My yarn from KnitPicks came in today! All are Essential (now being changed to Stroll). From left to right, top to bottom: Black, Wine Kettle Hand-Dyed, Gold Kettle Hand-Dyed, plus a free pattern from Knit Simple Magazine to get me to subscribe. I would, but the magazine I'm most interested in right now is Knit.1, "targeting hip 18-35 year-old knitters."

The black is to finish up the boyfriend's Marching Band Socks. I'm almost out of yarn and I'm just about to work the heel flap of the second sock.

The wine kettle hand-dyed is for a pair of Cabled Socks. I was going to make them with my Malabrigo Sock, but ended up making my first pair of Charades instead.

The gold kettle hand-dyed is for an experiment in designing my own sock pattern. I have a sneaking suspicion it won't work, but I guess it's worth a try. If all else fails, I can always find a cute cabled sock pattern, or make wristlets / gauntlets / fingerless mittens (whatever you happen to call them).

Someday, I'll make those mittens. Maybe.

Yeah, sorry for the poor picture quality. I'm in the process of purchasing a new camera.

Edited at 6:44 PM:

To-d0 list (in order):
+ Charades (to finish)
+ Marching Band Socks for the boyfriend (to finish)
+ Ongoing project - Lacy Vine Scarf, to finish whenever
+ Basic Socks w/ STR Lightweight - Lochness
+ Fibonacci Socks in fingering weight (Knit Picks' Palette - Semolina & Pool)
+ Cabled Socks in the Essential/Stroll Wine Kettle Hand-Dyed mentioned earlier in the post
+ Something with the Essential/Stroll Gold Kettle Hand-dyed mentioned earlier in the post
+ Vintage Sweater in Sunshine Swish Worsted

All that before July 31, 2009. ...Is that even possible?

No comments: