Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Knitting up a Storm

Lots of knitting progress this week. On Sunday, my parents and I went to San Rafael for a day trip. And of course, whenever we go on day trips, they let me check out one or two yarn stores in the area. I found the Dharma Trading Company, and walked out with three skeins of white Debbie Bliss baby cashmerino and three skeins of brown Debbie Bliss baby cashmerino. Actually Mom bought them for me to make things for her, and I ended up making a neck scarf with one of the skeins.

Mom decided to model the little scarf for me, but was too shy to let me photograph her face. The peter pan-collared sweater is from Lands' End.

The morning I finished the neck scarf, an awesome package arrived!

I started a short-sleeve pullover from a French pattern book I received for my birthday this year, using the bottle green St. Denis Nordique. So far, the back is done and I'm working on the front. Interesting: there's an English version of this pattern floating around. Ah well, I don't mind translating. I made a swatch of the leaf panel in neon pink acrylic and it seemed just fine, though some people seem to say there's an error in the pattern. Hopefully I was interpreting it correctly. A few things literally got lost in translation, though. I didn't understand the terminology for "k1 tbl," but that's the only problem I've had so far.

The ginger Cascade Elite Fresco is going to be a long-sleeved shirt/pullover from the same pattern book.

No comments: