Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Look what I can do!

I finished my shirt! It's kinda lumpy but it does need to be reblocked after having seamed everything together.


Last night, as I stumbled in the door after an awesome day in Monterey, I found a package from Knit Picks! So of course I tore it open and wanted to cast on right away. But I resisted until this morning.


Knit Picks Palette in Pimento and Cream. These colors are truer than those in the photos below.

I took that picture this morning. This the progress as of this evening.


Future stitches to be picked up for the thumb.

In Monterey yesterday, I happened upon a cute little yarn shop called The Twisted Stitch, at 400 Foam St, Ste A. It just opened fairly recently, and the only reason I even noticed it was because I was wistfully staring out the window, wishing a yarn store could be close to either Fisherman's Wharf or the aquarium, and all of a sudden I saw yarn in a window, and screamed YARN STORE! So yup, I got some Cherry Tree Hill suri laceweight in Rosewood from the fabulous owner, and I can't wait to go back over winter break and visit it again to see how well the store is doing.

No comments: