Monday, July 15, 2013

Mittens?

Started working on these double-knit mittens and didn't get very far before I had a ridiculous realization. My vision of these mittens was to have a solid green exterior and that fuzzy purple interior, but I started working up that double-knitting, and realized that I was simply knitting two layers at once... of course!




If I'm not doing any kind of colorwork, doubleknitting is essentially useless. I'm way faster knitting two layers separately, so these are getting frogged! I think colorwork would stabilize the two layers together, so I wouldn't have them coming apart on me, which of course makes perfect sense. To continue this project, I could just make four individual mittens and seam the interiors, but after making ridiculously boring black socks, I need something more exciting!Maybe I'll revisit these again later and make doubleknit mittens with the Malabrigo sock in lettuce as the exterior with little blips of brown like kiwi seeds.

No comments: