Monday, June 30, 2008

Trente-Trois

It's my 33rd post!

Okay, so I lied. I wasn't able to take pictures like I wanted to. So this will be yet another boring, picture-less post. Actually, maybe not. I have the scarf I'm making for my friend's birthday right here.

I just took the picture, but there's some kind of "internal error" involved with uploading it right here. I'll try one more time.

It's definitely not working. I just took another picture too. How frustrating.

Now I just uploaded them to flickr. I'll try using the url.


Hooray! Amen for flickr. I think the scarf looks pretty darn cool, if you ask me. :) I'm proud of it. I think my friend will like it.

Cheesecake Factory > any other restaurant. Amazing salmon + creamy mashed potatoes + decadent rich fudge cake = my kind of meal. Lemon sauce with the salmon and mashed potatoes too. Yum.

I have this incessant craving to go to San Francisco. I could go so easily; just hop on BART, sit there for half an hour, get out, and there I am. Round trip is less than $13 I think. But I have an exam for US History tomorrow (the course I'm taking at a community college) and I have to study. Tomorrow, our History groupie wants to see WALL-E after class. Thursday, I'm going to the fair with my mom, dad, and aunt (she's taking BART here). Then my parents will drive me to my aunt's house in Mountain View where we'll spend the weekend at her friend's house who's on vacation (they needed someone to watch over the animals). We're supposed to go to her local yarn store and stuff too, so that should be fun. I'll be sure to bring my Seeing Green Scarf (pictured above) and the blanket I'm making, along with my trusty camera. I'll be sure to document the weekend to prevent my posts from being overly boring and text-heavy.

One of my best friends is in Omaha, Nebraska right now, hoping for a spot on the national swim team. She's competing.. actually right now. Right this second, actually! Omaha's on Central Daylight Time, and swimming finals (semifinals, for her) begin at 6:45 pm. It's now 6:46 pm over there, and her event is the first. She swims 100 Back and 200 Back, and I hope the best for her. Her birthday was on the 15th, and I gave her this charcoal-black earflap hat with a tassel on it. I called her a few days later for the events she was going to be participating in for the Olympic Trials, and she said that she loved the hat so much. Not only that, but she was also going to take the hat to Omaha with her! I get to watch her performance (that's going on now) tonight at 8 (that's when it will be televised). I'm so excited; just over three hours until I get to see one of my best friends on TV doing what she loves!


So that's the view out my window, wonderfully blocked by the annoying shutters. But there you have it. The sky is a bit yucky because of all the Californian wildfires right now, so there's tons of smoke around. On the news last night, they were saying that there is a mass of unhealthy smoke floating above California. I've been coughing and sneezing, and I really hope it's just from the smoke and that I don't have another cold.

And I have news: I CAN DRIVE. Officially & legally. I got my permit on June 24th, 2008, and I had my first driving lesson on that very same day. Now, I can drive my mom to and from the store. I also drive to pick up the two girls we carpool with for class, but I don't drive them all the way to school.

Lots of studying for the big exam tomorrow that must be complete before 8 pm.

The Final Word:
+ "She's my little deuce coupe; you don't know what I got." - "Little Deuce Coupe", Beach Boys

No comments: