Saturday, February 7, 2009

Musical rehearsal is going a lot better than anticipated. The music is actually a lot easier than was the audition. Though the director gave us the music from the musical to sightread during the audition, he said he will end up cutting it out because it doesn't sound clean enough (fast eighths in cut time [so they sound like sixteenths] in the upper stratosphere dwarfing the melody played by the saxophones and clarinets).

We had a sectional yesterday, and it went really well, except for my occasional forgetting A-flats and D-flats. I can actually play all this music.

My new project: baby hats for charity. I get community service for crocheting in class. Not too shabby. I usually get about 1 1/2 per day, or 2 if I have time and the pattern is quick. I wouldn't normally crochet in class, but it's just too boring to pay attention so I fall asleep if I'm not doing something with my hands. Now I'm out of acrylic yarn so I have to wait until my mom can stop by the craft store. Yeesh that sounds so strange to say that one stops by the craft store to get yarn.

And I went into a bow-obsessive phase that I'm still actually in the midst of.





The Final Word:
+ "Wait, we're in cut time, right?" "What? We've been in four four for the whole number! Brass..." Trombonist & Band Director

No comments: